Saturday, October 16, 2010

Think Positive: The Negativity Story

People often say that if you think positively throughout your day, then positive things will happen to you. My family is BIG on doing the whole positive thing and they always ride my ass whenever I say its all nonsense. I humor them from time to time though but still you can call it fate or whatever I still end up getting the opposite from positive. For instance, the day I sprained my ankle, at work the weather was perfect, we only had to do a couple of houses, hell I was even gonna go to Kingsdominion the following day and BAM. I fall, see a shade of dark blue wash over my eyes and instantly start screaming. Now I was thinking positively but as you can see it was a negative outcome. Maybe thinking positively only comes in certain circumstances. Maybe for everything else you just have to let your life take its course. So would that mean that we all have to be a little negative once in a while too? Or should we always think neutral so that the outcome can remain a surprise? No one person can be ultimately full of positive energy because once the first glimpse of negativity enters their system, its a full blown downward spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment