Monday, November 4, 2013

Rest in Peace to Everyone Who was Dead Wrong

            A friend of mine once said, although it was pertaining to women, it still applies “if you fuck them well enough, sooner or later they will call you for more.” There comes a time when people realize they were wrong with their decision. I’ve always had it understood that once fired from a job, you may no longer go back to work for that same job/store/franchise what have you. I received a phone call a couple of days ago from my ex-employer. Due to the fact that I left my phone charging however I was not able to receive the call but my ex-boss just so happened to leave a voicemail. The gist of the message was her asking me if I wanted to come back and be a delivery driver again because “deliveries are crazy and we’d love to have you back.” Now I listened to the message a couple of times, mentally jotting down everything that I could hear. The embarrassing/ desperate tone of voice my ex-boss had whilst leaving the message. The specific way she said that deliveries were crazy, which made me think that if deliveries were really crazy why would you be in need of drivers? As a previous driver I know firsthand that more deliveries means more money, more money usually means the tips the customers give the drivers are really good, which should ultimately result in drivers staying. I couldn't help but laugh for a great amount of time after hearing the voice mail. There’s something satisfying about people misjudging you and taking a specific action towards you and then they realize they made a mistake. Guess my friend was right; I was the best employee they had. Not to give myself a big head I mean but no one worked harder than I did. Shame it took them a whole fucking year to realize that however. The only question I really want answered is, who brought my name up? Someone had to have mentioned me…

No comments:

Post a Comment