Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beautiful Distraction

My first attempt at writing a heartfelt poem so bear with me...


This is the story of the girl with passion in her heart
Her brain is full of emotion and her soul is a work of art
Her eyes look like diamonds and her smile will cause a spark
She’s a Beautiful Distraction and that’s my favorite part

Now this girl is goofy and flirty but she has determination
She’s witty and childish and probably the world’s best creation
Her body’s a temptation, thick in the perfect location
But what upsets me the most is the fact that she’s taken

It’s not a big deal; she’s in my life for a reason
The dude she’s with is cool, but I kind of wish I could be him
I wish I had met her in the past, could’ve changed things like a season
We’re almost the same person, 1 soul in 2 beings

We both lost our dad’s and we have crazy emotional damage
Heart-broken so many times, there’s not enough space for all the baggage
I lend her my ears whenever she needs someone to talk with
Kind of sucks wanting something but can’t really have it

My emotions for this girl are all over the place
She’s awesome to be around and keeps a smile on my face
But that ring on her finger will ultimately make me think straight
So I guess I can add this to my “what could’ve been" pile on the giant list of Fate…

No comments:

Post a Comment